In the Judeo-Christian religions, and many others, adoption of orphaned and helpless children is a virtous and compassionate action, pleasing to God and blessed with divine approval. But Allah (and hence Islam) has a completely different view:
Adoption of children is forbidden in Islam!
And the reason that Islam forbids adoption is not because of some obscure theological argument, but simply because Mohammed, the 'Perfect Man' and role model for all Muslims, screwed his daughter-in-law!
Now having sex with your daughter-in-law is illegal and incestuous (hence the term daughter-in-law) in most societies, just as it was in pre-Islamic Arabia. So Mohammed could have been regarded by his contemporaries as a sick and twisted old pervert, if it wasn't for some revelations from Allah that came just in the nick of time.
Leching for Zainab
Mohammed had adopted a boy called Zaid, who later married a beautiful girl named Zainab. But the dirty old lecher Mohammed couldn't keep his filthy paws off Zainab, so he forced Zaid to divorce her. But there was one problem: according to Arab custom Zainab was still his daughter-in-law, so he couldn't have his wicked way with her. Then miraculously, Allah revealed a new law to Mohammed, that adoption was illegal and all previous adoptions null and void. So Zainab was not, and never had been Mohammad's daughter-in-law.
"Islam prohibits adopting children. Period. Adoption in the technical sense is not allowed in Muslim Shariah law. This is because Allah does not like this gesture of adopting orphan children. Muhammad Rushed Ridha states, "Allah prohibited adoption in Islam and annulled all the judgements pertaining to adoption ...
Mohammed the conman
I remember reading that of all Mohammed's many misdeeds, this story is the most effective in persuading Muslims to lose their faith in Mohammed and eventually leave Islam (without Mohammed there is no Islam - he is the cult's one and only foundation).
I suppose it's effective because...
- It's recorded in their own scriptures.
- It shows how the 'revelations' of the Koran were convenient for Mohammed's purposes, so bringing into doubt the whole of the Koran (supposedly the infallible word of God) and showing Mo as the conman he was, making the Koran up as he went along..
- It's totally against human nature, even of brainwashed Islamists, to forbid caring for helpless and orphaned children.
- It offends the Muslims' sense of ownership of their women.
- It reveals Mohammed as a dirty old drooling lecher who couldn't control his lusts.
The world’s 5 richest terrorist groups - Originally posted on Money Jihad: In terms of their annual operating budgets to the best of our knowledge at this time, the Taliban, Hezbollah, the FARC, Ha...