France: Explosion hit a McDonald’s in Grenoble - ‘Explosion’ rocks McDonald’s in France, prompting police to shut down roads An explosion reportedly hit a McDonald’s in Grenoble, France, on Thursday The e...
Sunday, 24 January 2010
Do we already live in a Fascist State?
Fascism is an authoritarian system that puts the power of the State above the rights of the individual.
If we look at the measures that NuLabour have brought in over the past decade then we observe:
(1) Politicisation of the police.
(2) Thought-crime legislation.
(3) Attempts to imprison political opponents for speaking their minds.
(4) Government control of broadcasting.
(5) Anti-terror legislation used to repress peaceful protests.
(6) Gestapo-style raids on political opponents.
(7) An immense burden of meddlesome legislation that turns ordinary people into criminals.
(8) Schools used for political and religious brainwashing.
(9) Political opponents denied employment.
(10) Favoured religious groups given massive preference in resources, employment, housing and immunity from prosecution.
(11) Growth of a vast state bureaucracy of snoopers.
(12) A huge increase in computer and CCTV surveillance.
(13) Control freakery and micromanagement of every aspect of peoples' lives.
(14) Attempts to destroy all non-state controlled institutions where proles can meet and exchange unauthorised opinions (eg use of taxation and licensing legislation to destroy community centres such as pubs and village halls)
(15) Abolition of due process and habeas corpus.